Friday, May 02, 2008

camera bug alert

I am getting a bit bored with my 10X optical zoom Nikon S4. I will mention, only in passing, that I also broke the lens cover. But even I would not argue that I need a new camera to replace a lens cap. With thinking like that, I could become a government procurement officer.

In browsing through some recent announcements about new cameras, I noticed that Nikon released a new camera (Coolpix P80) last month with 10.1 megapixel capability and an 18x optical wide-angle zoom. I think I am in love. (Of course, I get the same feeling from reading online personal ads.)

Does anyone know anything about this camera? Have any of you bloggers tried it out? I cannot find any reviews on the camera yet.

I may need to buy one simply to answer my own questions.

3 comments:

Islagringo said...

Steve, try this:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Nikon/nikon_cpp60.asp

Steve Cotton said...

Thanks, Wayne. I know you bought a new camera recently, but I forget what it it was.

Steve Cotton said...

Wayne -- I just noticed that I posted P60, but meant P80. I may go on a camera shopping trip this weekend. It would be nice to have a new camera in hand if I get to Melaque in June.