Thursday, November 28, 2013

the table of light


Today is my favorite holiday.

Despite my anti-traditionalist streak, a Cotton Thanksgiving is practically perfect in every way.

Of course, there is always the food.  This year starring prime rib.  With plenty of vegetables.  And pie.

But the food is merely a tool for one of our gatherings.  I shot the photograph of the dining table last night.  It is a great symbol of this day -- if I do say myself.

No matter how dark the surrounding world may be, our family gathers at the table, in its circle of light, to spend a day of sharing our better natures.  And creating new memories upon which we can build to beat back the dark.

It s a day to celebrate our faith.  To celebrate our love.  To celebrate our family.

I pray your day is similarly blessed.


No comments: