Sunday, February 17, 2013

off to chiapas


If you read this after 4 AM central Mexican time, I am no longer in Melaque.  I am on my way to Chiapas. 

By bus and plane.  No trains this trip.

I have no idea what my internet access will be during the coming week.  But here is what we are going to see.

  • Tuxtla Gutierrez
  • San Cristóbal de las Casas
  • Chiapa de Corzo
  • Sumidero Canyon
  • San Juan Chamula
  • Palenque National Park -- waterfalls of Misol‐Ha and Agua Azul
  • Palenque archaeological site
As a hobbyist archaeologist, I have had Palenque on my list for years.  I gladly would have arranged a week-long trip there merely to walk the site in detail.  And that may happen one of these days.

A couple of years ago, Babs wrote about her trip to Chiapas.  She loved the place.  Especially,
San Cristóbal de las Casas and Sumidero Canyon.  Because of her, I immediately signed up for this trip when it was advertised.

I will either update you as we go along -- or I will write a series of essays after the trip.  While I wait for my house sale to close in Oregon.

I hope you enjoy coming along on my little adventure.

No comments: